As per the new guide lines the following visas are no longer available for the people around the world to visit Australia.
- Tourist visa (subclass 676)
- Sponsored family visitor visa (subclass 679)
- Business (short Stay) visa (Subclass 456)
- Sponsored business visitor (short stay) visa (subclass 459)
All these above visas are clubbed and the department has come up with a new visa call subclass 600 . This visa has all the above visa provisions.
This will come into effect from 23rd March 2013. This process is one of the initiatives of the government in bringing down number of visas.
This new visa will have following provisions
The Visitor visa (subclass 600) lets you visit Australia for tourism or business visitor activities.
Tourism includes holidays, recreation and seeing family or friends.
Business visitor activities may include attending a conference, negotiation or explaining the products during the business visit.
You will not have work rights or can provide services to a business or organization in Australia or sell goods or services to the public.
- Tourist stream: This is for people travelling to Australia for a holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends. If you apply for this visa in Australia, you must be in Australia, and if you are applying for this visa outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is decided.
- Business Visitor stream: for business people travelling to Australia for a short business visit. This includes going to a conference, business negotiations or meetings. You must be outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is decided.
- Sponsored Family stream: for people travelling to Australia to visit their family. You must have a family sponsor who might provide a bond if requested. You must be outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is decided.