For the first time Global visa and citizenship processing times will be available online from 13 March.
As part of the Department’s ongoing efforts which is to improve client information, the publishing of the Citizenship and Current visa and processing times will give a more meaningful data about the visa or citizenship product of the applicant choice.
The Previous Published service Standards are replaced by the the latest processing times to give you a better idea of how long it will take to process a particular Visa Subclass, Citizenship Application or Stream
To Reflect current caseloads and processing pressures, the Processing times will be updated But they do not publish processing times for some sub classes as they are closed to new entrants, or capped and queued.
To ensure that your application falls within the published processing times, the applicant must lodge a complete application and that case application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can be varied due to individual circumstances, which includes
- Whether a Complete Application is lodged
- Whether all the Necessary Documents are included
- How promptly you respond to the request for Additional Information
- How long it takes to receive the additional information from external parties, specially in relation to character health, national security and Assurance of Support requirements
- How long it takes to perform required Checks
- Surges in demand and peak period
- Number of places available in the Migration Programme