Temporary Business (Long stay)-Standard Business Sponsorship(subclass 457)
- This is the most commonly used program for employers to sponsor overseas workers to work in Australia on a temporary basis. Employers can be either Australian business or oversea business.
- With this visa you can employ overseas workers for a period of between one day and four years.
- Can bring any secondary applicant.
- Have no limit on the number of times they travel in and out of Australia.
- Visa application charge AUD 455
- Nomination charge AUD 85
- Sponsorship charge AUD 420
- Domestic business sponsors are employers with a business that operates in Australia. They must meet benchmarks relating to the training of Australian citizens and permanent residents.
- Overseas business sponsors can bring employers to Australia to establish a business operation in Australia, and to fulfill obligations for a contract of other business activity.
- Sponsors under subclass 457 visas have to attest that they have a strong record of commitment to Employing local labor and non –discriminatory employment practices.
- There must be nothing adverse known about the business or a person associated with the business.
- Applicants who apply for approval as sponsors under the subclass 457 visa programs must demonstrate their contribution and commitment, to the training of Australians by providing evidence of meeting the training benchmarks.
- Have been approved as a business sponsor (or)
- Have already lodged an application to become an approved business sponsor. (or)
- Lodge an application to become a business sponsor at the same time that you lodge the nomination application.
- Be sponsored by an employer to fill a nominated position
- Have skills, qualifications and experience and an employment background which match those required for the position.
- Demonstrated English language proficiency (5 band in each and overall).
- Be eligible for any relevant license or registration required for the nominated position.
- A nominated position must be in :-your business or related business (or) relation to an approved occupation.
Regional Employer Concessions
- Employers in regional Australia will no longer be eligible for concessions in meeting the minimum salary and skill level requirements for their nominated positions under the subclass 457 visa programs.