This permanent visa lets you move to Australia to care for someone with a long-term medical condition. They must have no reasonable access to care options in Australia.
With this visa you can
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
- Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
Once the child has been granted this visa, they must apply to be added to their parent’s permanent Partner visa application.
You can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want for 5 years from the date we grant this visa. This is as long as the travel facility on this visa remains valid.
How long the child can stay
This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. For citizenship purposes, your permanent residence starts on the day you enter Australia on the visa.
This visa costs from AUD1,795 for the main applicant. There is also a charge for each family member who applies with you.
You pay for this visa in 2 parts called instalments.
Pay the first installment when you apply. Pay the second installment when we ask you to.
We don’t provide processing times for this visa. Applications are subject to capping and queueing.
Your application might take longer to process if:
- you do not fill it in correctly
- you do not include all the documents we need or we need more information from you
- it takes us time to verify your information
We can’t process your application if you don’t pay the correct visa application charge. We will notify you if this is the case and if necessary return your application.
We assess applications for this visa in 2 stages.
- Check eligibility and either add the application to the queue or refuse it.
- Continue assessing the application when a place becomes available and make a decision.