This visa lets you come to Australia to marry your prospective spouse and then apply for a Partner visa.
With this visa you can
- Stay in Australia for up to 9 months from date of grant of visa
- Work in Australia
- Study in Australia at your own expense
- Travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa. You can stay in Australia for up to 9 months from date of grant of visa. The visa period starts on the date it is granted.
The visa costs AUD7,715 for the main applicant.
- 75% of applications in 16 months
- 90% of applications in 22 months
Your application might take longer to process if:
- you do not fill it in correctly
- you do not include all the documents we need or we need more information from you
- it takes us time to verify your information
We can’t process your application if you don’t pay the correct visa application charge. We will notify you if this is the case and if necessary return your application.
You must enter Australia on the Prospective Marriage visa before the date specified on your grant letter.
You must have married your prospective spouse before your Prospective Marriage visa expires.
You can get married in Australia or any other country. Your marriage must be valid under Australian law.