If you are doing business in Australia with a Temporary Visa and want to become a Permanent Resident, then this is the visa for you. This Visa allows a Business Owner or Business Manager to stay in Australia Permanently. During the visa duration visa holder can avail benefits, social and economic services like other citizens of Australia are having. This visa is for people who own and manage a business in Australia. It allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely. To apply as a primary applicant, you must have a qualifying visa granted on a particular basis.
This is a permanent visa, allow you stay to in Australia indefinitely.
Actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances
With this visa you can
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
- Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
- 2 years immediately before you apply, you must have had, and continue to have, an ownership interest in one or more actively operating main businesses in Australia
- Assets in the main businesses of at least AUD100,000
- Evidence of annual turnover in your main business of at least AUD300,000
Start Business in Australia
Future in Australia is ready to help you to set-up your new business in Australia
- Have an eligible visa
- You must have been in Australia as the holder of an eligible visa for a total of at least 1 year in the 2 years immediately before the application is made.
- For the 2 years immediately before you apply, you must have had, and continue to have, an ownership interest in one or more actively operating main businesses in Australia.
- ownership interest in the business
- 51% of a business with a turnover of less than AUD400,000 per year, or
- 30% of a business with a turnover of AUD400,000 or more per year, or
- 10% of a publicly listed company
- you had and continue to have, a direct and continuous management role in that business on a day to day basis
- Obtained an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Business Activity Statements issued by the Australian Taxation Office
- Meet the assets and employees requirement
- Business Assets: At the time you apply and throughout the 12 months immediately before you apply, you must show that you and/or your partner had net business assets in the main businesses of at least AUD100,000 and those assets were lawfully acquired
- Business Turnover: for the 12 months immediately before you apply, you must evidence annual turnover in your main business (or 2 main businesses together) of at least AUD300,000
- Employees: for the 12 months immediately before you apply you must provide evidence that the nominated main businesses employed 2 full-time employees or the equivalent of 2 full-time employees. Employees must be Australian citizens, permanent residents or New Zealand passport holders and you cannot include yourself or members of the family unit
- Business and personal assets: At the time you apply and throughout the 12 months immediately before you apply, you must show that the net value of your and/or your partner’s net business and personal assets in Australia was at least AUD250,000.
- Business Practices: You must not have engaged in business activities that are generally unacceptable in Australia.
- There is no age limit for this visa
- You must meet our health requirement.
- You must meet our character requirement.
- Signed Australian Value Statement
- Have paid back your debt to the Australian Government
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
You can include members of the family unit in your application. You can:
- include them when you lodge your visa application
- add them after you lodge your application but before we decide on your visa
Fees Need to Pay
The visa costs AUD2,450 for the main applicant.
Second instalment charge
You might have to pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English and who does not hold an eligible visa when they apply. This charge is called the second installment. This charge is only payable if you are requested to pay it and we send you an invoice.
The second installment charge for family members is AUD4,890.
We assess applications on a case by case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- How quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
- Again how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- How long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration program