This visa stream lets people who are sponsored, usually by a family member, come to Australia to visit their family members.
With this visa you can
As a business visitor, you can:
- make general business or employment enquiries
- investigate, negotiate, enter into or review a business contract
- conduct activities as part of an official government visit
- take part in a conference, trade fair or seminar. The organisers can’t pay you to take part
- work for or provide services to a business or organisation based in Australia
- sell goods or services directly to the public
If you want to do short-term work in Australia that isn’t a business visitor activity, consider applying for a temporary work visa.
APEC Business Travel Card holders
You might not need to apply for a visa to travel to Australia if you hold an Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Card (ABTC). We consider you to have applied for a Visitor visa when you applied for the ABTC.
ABTC holders (other than New Zealanders) might be granted a Visitor (subclass 600) Business Visitor stream visa to visit Australia. If you hold an ABTC with ‘AUS’ printed on the back, you can enter Australia for short-stay business visitor or tourism activities for as long as the ABTC is valid. The ABTC is valid for 5 years from the date we issue it.
If you apply for and are granted a separate visa, the visa associated with your ABTC will cease.
How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa. We might grant it for up to 12 months. You can enter Australia at any time while your visa is valid and stay for up to 3 months.
The length of your visa is determined case-by-case depending on:
- how long you want to stay
- why you want to visit Australia
You may not be granted the length of stay you want.
We grant the visa with either:
- single entry. If you leave Australia you will have to apply for another visa to come back
- multiple entry. You can leave and re-enter Australia on this visa while it is valid. You can stay in Australia for a limited time each time you enter Australia on this visa. Your visa grant letter will tell you how long you can stay
The visa costs from AUD145 for each applicant.
You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
You might be able to fast-track your visa application if you hold a passport from:
- the People’s Republic of China (but not Hong Kong or Macau)
- the United Arab Emirates
Fast-tracking your application costs AUD1,000 in addition to the visa application charge.
- 75% of applications in 11 days
- 90% of applications in 18 days
Your application might take longer to process if:
- you do not fill it in correctly
- you do not include all the documents we need or we need more information from you
- it takes us time to verify your information
- You must meet our health requirement.
- You must meet our character requirement.
- Have enough money: You must have, or have access to, enough money to support yourself while you are in Australia.
- Be a genuine visitor: You must intend to:
- stay only temporarily in Australia
- do only the things the visa allows you to do
- Be a genuine visitor
- Have a health insurance
- Perform Business Visitor Activity