This visa is for experienced business owners, to operate a new or existing business in Australia.
With this visa you can
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
- Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
How long you can stay
This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. The visa has a travel component that expires 5 years after the date of visa grant.
You become a permanent resident on the day we grant the visa. For citizenship purposes, your permanent residency starts on the day you enter Australia, on this visa
You can include members of the family unit in your application. You can:
- include them when you lodge your visa application
- add them after you lodge your application but before we decide on your visa
The visa costs AUD7,855 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD3,930
- additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD1,960
You might have to pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English. This charge is called the second instalment. Pay it only when we ask you to. We will ask for the fee only if we are going to grant the visa. The second instalment charges are:
- main applicant: AUD9,795
- family members: AUD4,890
- 75% of applications: 24 months
- 90% of applications: 26 months
We assess applications on a case by case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration program
From the date we grant this visa, you can travel to and from Australia for up to 5 years.
After that period, you will need a Resident Return visa (RRV) visa to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident.
- You must be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency before being invited to apply for this visa.
- Have business acumen & ambition
- Own a substantial part of the business
- Have total net assets worth AUD1.5 million or more
- Have annual turnover of AUD3 million or more
- Have total net assets worth AUD400,000 or more
- Have functional English language
- You must be younger than 55 years of age, although a state or territory can waive this requirement if your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit to the region
- You must meet our health requirement.
- You must meet our character requirement.
- Signed Australian Value Statement
- Have paid back your debt to the Australian Government
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused