This temporary visa lets a parent of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen visit Australia for up to 3 or 5 years.
With this visa you can
- Reunite with children and grandchildren
- Visit Australia for up to 3 or 5 years per visa
- Re-apply for further visas to visit up to a maximum period in Australia of 10 years
- You cannot work in Australia
Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
You can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid.
How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa. This visa does not lead to permanent residence.
You can stay in Australia for up to three or five years at a time.
Your visa will end:
- if it is cancelled by us
- if your sponsorship is withdrawn and you do not find a new Parent Sponsor
- if we cancel the sponsorship
- the day your visa ceases
- AUD5,000 for a visa of up to 3 years; or
- AUD10,000 for a visa of up to 5 years.
You pay for this visa in 2 parts called instalments.
Pay the first installment when you apply. Pay the second installment when we ask you to.
Processing times are not yet available for this visa.
- Be eligible to apply
- be the biological, adoptive, step-parent or parent in-law of the Parent Sponsor
- Have a sponsor
- Have met any previous visa obligations
- You must meet our health requirement.
- You must meet our character requirement.
- Sign The Australian Value Statement
- Have a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily
- Have Health Insurance
- Reciprocal healthcare agreements