This is a provisional visa. It is for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia under subclass 491
There are no standard processing times available for this pathway
With this visa you can
- stay in Australia for 5 years from the date we grant you the visa
- live, work and study in a designated region of Australia
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid
- apply for permanent residence, if eligible, through the Permanent Residence
- be nominated to apply by a state or territory government agency, or an eligible relative must sponsor you
- have an occupation on a relevant skilled occupation list
- have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- be invited to apply
- satisfy the points test
Migrate to Australia as a Skilled Worker
Australia is looking for Skilled worker to Migrate to Australia.
- Be Invited to Apply
- You must be either nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency or indicate that you will be sponsored by an eligible relative. See below for more information.
- You must be aged under 45 to be invited to apply for the visa.
- For your application to be valid, you must declare that you have a suitable skills assessment at time of invitation.
- The subclass 491 is a points-tested visa. When you submit your EOI in SkillSelect you will be given an indicative points score based on the claims you have made. If you do not obtain a score of 65 points you will not be invited to apply for this visa.
- At the time of invitation, you must have at least Competent English.
- Your occupation must be on the combined list of eligible skilled occupations for a Skilled Regional (subclass 491) visa.
- You must meet our health requirement.
- You must meet our character requirement.
- Signed Australian Value Statement
- Have paid back your debt to the Australian Government
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
You can include members of the family unit in your application. You can:
- include them when you submit your visa application
- add a dependent child after you submit but before we decide on your visa application.
Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements.
Family members not accompanying you to Australia might also need to meet our health and character requirements.
Fees Need to Pay
The visa costs AUD4,045 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
You might have to pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English. This charge is called the second instalment. Pay it only when we ask you to. We ask for the charge only if we are going to grant the visa.
The second instalment charge for family members is AUD4,890.
The Visa Pricing Estimator does not include the second instalment or other costs. You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics
Australia Immigration Department assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements