In Australia Professionals migrants can work full time on these classes of visas. It is subdivided for different categories people. This visa is based on points system. The points are allotted based on different criteria. The class of visas are sub-divided focusing to cater different Industry sectors in Australia. Each subclass has a Skilled occupation list. Professionals or trade people who have their skill in the occupation list are eligible to apply for that subclass of visa. These are normally temporary and permanent migration/ residency visas.
The General Skilled Migration (GSM) program is for people who are not sponsored by an employer and who have skills in occupations that Australia needs to fill labor shortages. Applicants must be between 18 and 50 years of age and speak good English. They must have recent skilled work experience or a recently earned eligible Australian qualification. In order to apply for the migration one has to have a qualification and experience from an occupation listed in Australia’s Skilled Occupation List (SOL).There are around 80,000 visa positions in the Skilled migration category. These visas are sub divided under different classes.
Large projects like Gas pipeline , Broad band network, Coal mining , Meat production and many more projects have recently got initiated. Australia even though has huge landmass have very less population. It has only 5% unemployment rate. Due to these upcoming projects there is a huge skill shortage in Australia.If one has an employer to sponsor, there are different classes of visas which has to looked in.
Onshore Visas are especially for the persons who are already in Australia and have recently completed 2 years of Australian study. Offshore Visas are for individuals who will be issued a permanent residency Visa from abroad.
- Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 494)
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Skilled-Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476)
- Skilled Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 489)
- Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887)
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)