This visa allows recent engineering graduates to live, work or study in Australia for up to 18 months. You must have completed a degree or higher qualification from a specified institution within the past 2 years, and be under 31 years of age.
With this visa you can
- Travel, work and study in Australia
How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa. You can usually stay in Australia for 18 months.
You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply.
- include them when you lodge your visa application
- add them after you lodge your application but before we decide on your visa
The visa costs AUD405 for the main applicant.
- 75% of applications: 15 months
- 90% of applications: 17 months
Your application can take longer to process if:
- you do not fill it in correctly
- you do not include all the documents we need or we need more information from you
- it takes us time to verify your information
We can’t process your application if you do not pay the correct visa application charge. We will notify you if this is the case.
You can travel outside Australia and return as many times as you want while the visa is valid. The time you spend outside Australia does not extend the visa.
- Have an engineering qualification from a specified educational institution.
- You must be under 31 years of age
- Have not held this visa
- You must meet our health requirement.
- You must meet our character requirement.
- You must provide evidence of English proficiency unless you hold a valid passport from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland.
- Have paid back your debt to the Australian Government
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
- Best interest of the child