This visa is for people who have lived, worked and studied in designated regional area Australia on a previous, eligible visa.
This visa does not commence until 16 November 2022. More details will be provided in due course.
With this visa you can
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
- Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
How long you can stay
This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. The visa has a travel component that expires 5 years after the date of visa grant.
You become a permanent resident on the day we grant the visa. For citizenship purposes, your permanent residency starts on the day you enter Australia, on this visa
You can include members of the family unit in your application if they currently hold an eligible visa. You must include each family member who is eligible to apply for this visa at the time you lodge your application. You can’t add family members after you have submitted your application.
There is a base charge for the main applicant, which will be announced closer to the commencement date.
We assess applications on a case by case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- how many places are available in the migration program
- Have an eligible visa
- have lived for at least 3 years and have a taxable income at or above a specific income threshold for at least three years
- Meet the residence requirement
- You must meet our health requirement.
- You must meet our character requirement.
- Signed Australian Value Statement
- Have paid back your debt to the Australian Government
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused