A temporary work visa lets you come to Australia to work on a temporary basis. There might be visa conditions on your visa that only allows specific work or work with a certain employer.
A provisional visa is also a temporary visa that provides a permanent pathway. You may be able to apply for the permanent visa related to the provisional visa.
- Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482) – Sponsorship needed
- Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
- Skilled – Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) – Sponsorship needed
New regional visas
Two new skilled regional provisional visas will be available for skilled migrants, and dependent family members, who want to live and work in regional Australia from 16 November 2019.
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – for people nominated by a State or Territory government or sponsored by an eligible family member to live and work in regional Australia.
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494) – for people sponsored by an employer in regional Australia