Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482) or “TSS visa” is a work visa which allows Australian employers to sponsor a person from overseas to work in their business in Australia.
This particular work visa was introduced on 19 March 2019. It replaced the Temporary Work visa subclass 457 which has been abolished by DHA. If you have the skills to fill a job position with an Australia employer who is looking to recruit you then you may be eligible for the the TSS visa.
There are three (3) streams to the TSS visa:
- The Short-Term stream
- The Medium-Term stream
- The Labour Agreement stream
You can select the stream that applies to you by referring to the Consolidated Skilled Occupations list. If your occupation make you eligible under the short-term stream then maximum time period that your TSS visa will be approved for is two (2) years. If your occupation makes you eligible under the medium-term stream, then the maximum time period that your TSS visa will be approved for is four (4) years.
- 75% of applications: 5 months
- 90% of applications: 11 months
With this visa you can
- work in Australia for up to 2 years or up to 4 years if an International Trade Obligation (ITO) applies. Hong Kong passport holders may stay up to 5 years
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid
- if eligible, apply for permanent residence
- be nominated to work in an occupation on the list of eligible short-term skilled occupations
- have at least 2 years relevant work experience in your nominated occupation or a related field
- have a relevant skills assessment if this is required for your occupation
- work only for your sponsor or associated entity, unless you are exempt
- meet minimum standards of English language proficiency unless you are exempt from needing to show this
Interested for Temporary Skill Shortage Visa
Future in Australia is ready to help you to provide best solution to settle down in Australia
- If you are applying in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa
- If you are in Australia at the time of decision, you must have substantially complied with any conditions that apply or applied to your last substantive visa or bridging visa held.
- Before you can apply for a TSS visa, your proposed employer will need to submit a nomination application for you. They will only be able to do this if they are an approved sponsor or have at least submitted an application to become a Standard business sponsor.
- You must be employed in your nominated occupation and in that business or an associated entity.
- Have relevant skills, qualifications and employment background to perform occupation
- Have worked in your nominated occupation or a related field for at least 2 years
- Have a positive skills assessment
- Have not contravened ‘paying for visa sponsorship’ legislative provisions
- You must meet our health requirement.
- You must meet our character requirement.
- Signed Australian Value Statement
- Have paid back your debt to the Australian Government
You can include other family members (called ‘secondary applicants’) in your visa application. The family members you can add will depend on whether you currently hold a subclass 457 or TSS visa.
We assess applications on a case by case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements