Visit Australia to complete a workplace-based training (to improve your skills for your current occupation, area of tertiary study or field of expertise), or a professional development training program
This visa allows people to take part in workplace-based training to improve their skills for their job, area of tertiary study, field of expertise or in a professional development training program in Australia.
Nomination requirements are different depending on the purpose or type of training.
There are 3 types of occupational training covered by this visa:
- Occupational training required for registration
- Occupational training to improve skills in an eligible occupation
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas. This includes overseas qualification, government support or professional.
Nomination is the stage where the sponsor provides details about the nominee (intended trainee), the purpose or type of training and how and where the training will be provided.
How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa. We might grant you a visa stay in Australia for up to 2 years.
You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply
You can also add family members to your application after you apply but before your visa is approved.
If your visa is granted, your family members might be able to apply to join you in Australia later as a subsequent entrant.
The visa costs from AUD310 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- 75% of applications: 42 days
- 90% of applications: 59 days
- Have an approved sponsor
- Be nominated
- You must be 18 year old or older at the time of your visa application
- Meet English language requirements
- Have adequate health insurance
- Be a genuine temporary entrant
- Meet character requirement
- Meet health requirement
- Sign up the Australian Value Statement
- Have Paid Back your debt to the Australian Government
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
What you can do when you have this visa
- visit Australia to complete a workplace-based training (to improve your skills for your current occupation, area of tertiary study or field of expertise), or a professional development training program
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
Travelling on your visa
You can travel outside Australia and return as many times as you want while the visa is valid.
The time you spend outside Australia does not extend the visa.
You and your family are protected by Australian workplace law.
Family members who are granted the same visa with you can only work up to 40 hours every two weeks in Australia.