Skilled Work Regional visa (Subclass 491)
Overview: Department of Home Affairs introduce the new skilled work Regional visa (491 sc) From November 16th 2019, It is a points tested visa for applicants sponsored by a state/territory Government agency or sponsored by a family member residing in a designated regional area. 491subclass is the replacement of 489 sub class. This 491 visa will grant for 5 years.
It is intended that a designated regional area will be any part of Australia excluding Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and the Gold Coast, and Perth.
Points Awarding: New points system: 189,190 and 491(from 16th November2019)
- State/Territory or family member’s sponsorship: 15 points.
- Skilled spouse/ De- facto partner: 10 points.
- Certain courses like Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM – Australia Education): 10 Points.
- Spouse/ De facto partner having competent score: 5 points.
- Applicants without spouse / De-facto partner: 10 points.
- For the Age, Education and Experience points are the same as earlier.
Skilled occupation list and EOI process is same as earlier process.
After 491 sub class visa you can able to apply for permanent visa called 191 sub class visa, This 191 visa will effect from November 2022, to be eligible for 191 visa you have to stay and work 3 years in the regional area.