Sub class 494 is skilled employer sponsored regional (provisional) visa will introduce on 16 November 2019.it is the replacement of subclass 187. It has allocated 9000 places for applicants in each year. The 494 visa holder may eligible for191 skilled regional PR visa in future. It is available in two streams Employer sponsored and Labor Agreement.
The 494 visa is an Employer sponsored visa. An applicant’s Employer must be located indesignated regional areas (excluding Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Gold coast and Brisbane. And Employer will need Approval from the REGIONAL CERTIFYING BODY (RCB) in regional area.
Requirements for sub class 494 visa:
- Applicant position must be relevant in Australian occupation list.
- Applicant must hold positive skill assessment.
- Must have at least three years of skilled work experience in full time.
- Applicant age is under 45 years.
- And competent English in IELTS/ PTE/TOEFL/CAE
- Must have health and police clearance certificates.
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional